- Strengthen effective public participation in existing structures aimed at protecting water bodies (Catchment Forums, Protected Area Advisory Committees, Community Forums etc)
- Share information and provide a platform for communication and informed comment on water quality related issues.
- Encourage responsible officials to deliver on their mandate and hold them accountable for their lack of action through existing legislation and mechanisms using existing legal structures.
- Engage with policy makers in stakeholder forums, private meetings and communications.
- Inform the public about water and sanitation issues.
- Promote science based findings reporting through the media so as to increase understanding and awareness around the dangers of contaminants in water and related safety matters.
- RethinkTheStink will continue to share factual information on social media eg Facebook, twitter, and the press aimed at raising awareness and informing the public.
- RethinkTheStink will share current problems being experienced, the progress and outcomes of any investigations as well as details of engagements with relevant authorities on social media.
- RethinkTheStink will continue to respond to requests for comment from the press, radio and television on related issues.
- RethinkTheStink will engage with relevant officials via email and meetings in a mutually respectful and professional manner aimed at joint problem solving.